IDEtalk is collaboration software that brings code-related communications directly to IntelliJ™ IDEA.
The last version of IDEtalk is bundled with IntelliJ IDEA 6.0.
For IntelliJ™ IDEA 4.5/5.0 IDETalk is provided as an add-on.
Install IDEtalk right now!
If you use IntelliJ IDEA 4.5/5.0, open plugin manager,
find IDEtalk in the list of available plugins (the Teamwork category). Right-click and install.
You can also download (~460K) and install it manually.
What you get with IDEtalk in IntelliJ IDEA 4.5/5.0
- Exchange messages with your fellow developers right inside the IDE (in the local network only until the release of v.1.0)
- Right click in your editor and send a "code pointer" - a reference to that particular point in the file.
- Send stacktrace to one or several users from your contact list. The stacktrace will be navigatable on the receiving side.
- View list of files opened in IDEA by any of your IDEtalk contacts. Hide your files from viewing, if you don't like to be spied.
» read more
Additional features available in IntelliJ IDEA 6.0
- Support Internet-wide transport (XMPP/Jabber).
- Instant messaging with persistent history.
- View user availability.
- Diff for a project file with your colleague's version.
We plan to implement
- File sharing (aka pair programming mode).
- Exchanging code snippets with code navigation support.
- Integration with version control systems (via IDE API).
- Support other Java IDEs (NetBeans, Eclipse).
IDEtalk is open source software,
licensed under Apache license and owned by JetBrains s.r.o.